A microwave oven passes (non-ionizing) microwave radiation (at a frequency near 2.45 GHz) through food, causing dielectric heating by absorption of energy in the water, fats, and sugar contained in the food. Microwave ovens became common kitchen appliances in Western countries in the late 1970s, following development of inexpensive cavity magnetrons. Water in the liquid state possesses many molecular interactions which broaden the absorption peak. In the vapor phase, isolated water molecules absorb at around 22 GHz, almost ten times the frequency of the microwave oven.''
Microwaves also cause microwave burns which are caused by ionizing radiation being abosorbed into organisms(us). they manifest slowly and will show greater signs over a longer period of time,causing major tissue damage if greatly exposed.
the first electromagnetic experiments conducted by Heinrich Hertz in 1886 and also by Marconi used frequencies near the microwave region - some around 500 MHz and some even in the multiple GHz (Gigahertz) region
Justin is a pop fag